Brookfield Asset Management:
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. (“Brookfield”) is a global alternative asset manager with approximately $265 billion in assets under management. Brookfield has over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield offers a range of public and private investment products and services, which leverage their expertise and experience and provide a distinct competitive advantage in the markets in which they operate. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbols BAM and BAM.A, respectively, and on the NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA. For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
Private Funds Group:
The Private Funds Group is comprised of a global team of approximately 90 professionals located in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. The primary focus of the Private Funds Group is to market Brookfield’s alternative investment products to institutional and private client investors worldwide.
The Executive Assistant will support multiple senior executives and their teams. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, proactive and interacts well with staff at all levels while remaining positive, flexible, and efficient. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Executive Assistant responsibilities within Brookfield are subject to change and require flexibility as may be required to support other groups during busier times.
- Responsible for calendar management in Outlook, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants globally, to coordinate a variety of complex meetings with attention to different time zones
- Create and modify PowerPoint presentations (i.e. Marketing Materials, Investor Relations documents.) including formatting of charts, graphs and images. Attention to formatting, design and a critical eye are required.
- Create, format and maintain detailed Excel reports and Word documents utilizing advanced technical skills
- Organize travel arrangements as required, and in partner with Corporate Traveler and update calendar with details
- Work with other departments, such as Human Resources to assist with new hire onboarding and IT setup
- Balance conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines
- Promptly respond to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor, greet guests in person as required
- Manage email filing and document preparation for internal and external meetings
- Additional administrative tasks including mail, copying and binding, and submitting and processing of invoices
- Coordinate with other Assistants to process expenses for various individuals
- Demonstrate an awareness of the fundamental business principles as well as an understanding of the overall firm to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed
- Plan and coordinate onsite and offsite meetings, special functions and events with external and internal partners
- (5+) years’ experience in administrative capacity, supporting at the executive level
- Education – College diploma or University degree preferable
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (create and/or update PowerPoint presentations and create mail merges with numerous recipients)
- Experience with Concur and Salesforce is a plus
- Extremely organized, ability to anticipate requests and be proactive
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, including executives and outside contacts in a professional manner
- Team player and collaborative - support other assistants when time warrants, during absences, holidays etc.
- Overtime may be required as needed