Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with over $240 billion in assets under management. We have over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity. Our assets are held through a growing portfolio of private funds and public, listed entities. We are proud of our track record for achieving strong risk-adjusted returns for our clients, partners and shareholders across all market conditions. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam. For more information, please visit our website at www.brookfield.com.
Roles and Responsibilities
Support all aspects of fund marketing activities, client prospect due diligence and onboarding processes:
- Work with CRMs to originate new client investment activity
- Support senior CRMs in the marketing of funds including preparation and presentation of fund marketing and investment materials for existing investors and prospects
- Attend periodic update meetings with existing investors:
- Coordinate and attend update meetings with investment teams (prepare pre-meeting reports and appropriate materials, coordinate any follow-up)
- Monitor activity to ensure that we visit these investors regularly
- Opportunity to assume sole responsibility for these accounts over time
- Cover on-site due diligence meetings with investment teams (prepare pre-meeting reports and appropriate materials, coordinate any follow-up)
- Where appropriate, directly communicate with clients to support their due diligence requests
- Maintain Brookfield’s internal CRM system (Salesforce), ensuring that the system is up to date for internal reporting purposes
- Assist with ad-hoc Business Development activities
Investor inquiries and reporting supporting CRMs:
- Coordinate, log, track and monitor client queries and requests to ensure timely and complete responses
- Liaise with the broader Project Management /Business Group IR teams to coordinate responses to incoming Investor Relations requests from existing investors and prospects
- Oversee client communications sent from Intralinks; ensure each LP receives annual/quarterly reports etc. and other communications
Strategy and team update requests:
- Coordinate and complete all ad-hoc information, status update requests from HQ and Project Management Teams
- Compile and update internal fundraising presentations on an ad-hoc, quarterly or semi-annual basis; to include fundraising progress, investor trends and marketing strategies for current and upcoming private fund offerings
Conduct alternative asset industry research and client-specific research
- Pre-meeting reports:
- Compile detailed pre-meeting reports for each client meeting involving Brookfield investment professionals
- Complete ad-hoc profiles on prospects as needed
- Detailed research and analysis, leveraging market data and other sources, with the aim to create targeted prospective investor lists for new funds and strategies
- Monitor industry press for information relating to our respective prospects and competitors
- In conjunction with Communications and Project Management Teams, help coordinate road shows, conferences and investor meetings
- Assist with conference/ meeting planning: setup, prepare and co-ordinate with different stakeholders (both within and beyond the organization)
- Facilitate broad investor communication initiatives
Learn about Brookfield’s broader real assets and Private Funds activities; with the view to progress into a junior Client Relationship Management role longer-term
Qualifications and Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/business/finance with an excellent academic background
- 1-3 years of relevant working experience in the financial services industry; property, infrastructure, private equity or alternative asset funds knowledge
- Strong investment and financial analytical capabilities and investment reporting experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), experience of Salesforce a plus
- Team player with positive attitude and pro-active approach to work
- Able to develop a strong internal/external network and ability to build relationships and work with professionals around the organization
- Proactively seeks opportunities to get involved in more challenging projects.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and creative problem-solving ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including preparation and delivery of presentations.