Brookfield Asset Management is a leading global alternative asset manager with approximately $285 billion of assets under management. For over 115 years Brookfield has owned and operated real assets with a focus on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and private equity. Clients can invest in Brookfield strategies via three main channels: public securities, private funds and listed partnerships. The Public Securities Group leverages Brookfield’s core real asset expertise via global listed strategies, including real estate, infrastructure, real asset debt, real asset solutions and opportunistic strategies through a variety of flexible and scalable investment mandates, including separate accounts, registered funds and private funds. The Public Securities Group has been investing in public securities for over 25 years and has over $20 billion of assets under management. Clients include financial institutions, public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds and high net worth investors.
Position: Vice President, Data Management
Position Summary: The Vice President of Data Management is responsible for developing, strengthening, enhancing, and promoting the global data management in support of the governance and design of critical data assets. The position will be responsible for leading the organization to become more data driven in decision making and utilizing analytics to develop actionable insight. This includes establishing and managing a data governance function, data quality monitoring, and master data management. Additionally, this individual will liaison between the various business units across Brookfield Investment Management (BIM) to manage data automation projects.
- Define the vision, goals and objective for data management and ensure stakeholder alignment on priorities, implementation and management
- Develop the ownership, stewardship, operational structure, oversight and assurance of stakeholder participation required to manage data as a critical asset
- Oversee daily and monthly data quality review processes
- Review new data requests, questions, and data change requests to ensure they align with data governance and are maintained consistently across systems
- - i.e. Requests both internally and from clients to ensure data needs are met and validation procedures are in place
- Lead recurring data governance committee discussion/review sessions
- Included in conversations from inception of new systems/infrastructure as it relates to how data is managed/used/flows across the firm
- Aid in establishing processes to ensure data governance procedures are followed
- Understand and interpret business processes, workflows, and systems to identify opportunity for improvement and data governance gaps
- - Propose projects to create efficiency and remove data silos across the firm
- - Manage projects for data automation based on queue
- Work closely with all departments across BIM as well as external vendors where necessary
- Collaborate closely with business leadership to ensure continual alignment around the development, maintenance, access, use, security, retention and retirement of global data
- Develop, design and implement metrics/dashboard reporting for key data management initiatives
- Analyze trends and identify new opportunities
Qualifications & Requirements:
- BA/BS in computer science, technology or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years’ experience in data management and/or financial reporting environment including experience with data governance, data quality, master data management, business intelligence and progressive management experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Strong leader who can work with multiple stakeholders, and develop and execute information strategy while being able to manage day-to-day tactical activities
- Strong change management skills
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and results orientation.
- Ability to collaborate with individuals at all levels of a high performing organization.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move towards consensus