Brookfield Asset Management Inc. (“Brookfield”) is a global alternative asset manager with approximately $285 billion in assets under management. Brookfield has over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield offers a range of public and private investment products and services, which leverage their expertise and experience and provide a distinct competitive advantage in the markets in which they operate. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbols BAM and BAM.A, respectively, and on the NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA. For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
Brookfield Renewable Partners operates one of the world’s largest publicly-traded renewable power platforms. Its portfolio consists of over 16,000 MW of capacity and 820 generating facilities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. It has an established track record of creating value by prudently acquiring, building and financing assets, and actively managing its operations. The company is a global leader in hydroelectric power, which comprises approximately 80 percent of its portfolio. It is also an experienced owner, operator and investor of global wind, solar, distributed generation, and storage facilities.
The Executive Assistant will support multiple senior executives and their teams. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, proactive and interacts well with staff at all levels while remaining positive, flexible, and efficient. Executive Assistant responsibilities within Brookfield may vary, and therefore flexibility and a desire to learn and work as a team is key .
- Responsible for calendar management in Outlook, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants globally, to coordinate a variety of complex meetings with attention to different time zones
- Create and modify PowerPoint presentations (i.e. Marketing Materials, Investor Relations documents.) including formatting of charts, graphs and images. Attention to formatting, design and a critical eye are required.
- Create, format and maintain detailed Excel reports and Word documents utilizing advanced technical skills
- Organize complex travel arrangements as required, and in partner with Corporate Traveler, and update executives’ calendar with details
- Utilize analytical skills and a broad understanding of the business to interpret and anticipate the needs of the executives and proactively bring together appropriate resources to be supportive in addressing issues
- Promptly respond to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor
- Manage email filing and document preparation for internal and external meetings
- Additional administrative tasks including mail, copying and binding, and submitting and processing of invoices
- Coordinate with other Assistants to process expenses for various individuals
- Demonstrate an awareness of the fundamental business principles as well as an understanding of the overall firm to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed
- Plan and coordinate onsite and offsite meetings, special functions and events with external and internal partners
- (5+) years’ experience supporting at the executive level
- Education – College diploma; University degree preferable
- Highly proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (create and/or update PowerPoint presentations and create mail merges with numerous recipients)
- Experience with Concur and Salesforce is a plus
- Extremely organized, ability to anticipate requests and be proactive in managing multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, including senior executives and outside contacts in a professional manner
- Team player and collaborative - provide support to other groups when time warrants, during absences, holidays etc.
- Overtime may be required as needed