Brookfield Asset Management Inc. (“Brookfield”) is a global alternative asset manager with approximately $285 billion in assets under management. Brookfield has over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield offers a range of public and private investment products and services, which leverage their expertise and experience and provide a distinct competitive advantage in the markets in which they operate. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbols BAM and BAM.A, respectively, and on the NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA. For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
The Brookfield Infrastructure Group is one of Brookfield Asset Management’s primary operating platforms. The Infrastructure Group operates and manages over $50 billion of assets owned through its listed and unlisted investment vehicles. Our portfolio is comprised of long-life, high quality infrastructure assets with high barriers to entry that generate stable and growing cash flows. Our portfolio of infrastructure assets are primarily in the utilities, transport, energy and communication infrastructure sectors, located in North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for an extensive range of administrative services for the business unit as well as supporting the Office Manager at our Vancouver, BC office.
- Managing the reception desk with a professional and welcoming presence
- Answering and directing incoming calls
- Greeting office visitors in a prompt and courteous manner
- Sending and receiving courier packages and opening and sorting mail
- Maintaining multiple boardroom calendars and ensuring any meeting conflicts are resolved in a timely manner
- Organizing catering and/or audiovisual requests for meetings and completing necessary set up prior to the start of the meeting
- Maintaining cleanliness of busy kitchens and boardroom areas (includes monitoring and ordering kitchen inventory)
- Assisting with travel bookings and logistics
- Performing administrative and office support for multiple professionals
- Assisting in scheduling and organizing activities such as company events, client meetings, conference calls at the direction of the Office Manager
- Creating and developing Word, PowerPoint and InDesign presentations, annual reports and other materials with a focus on accuracy and format
- Can work independently and within a team, is eager to take on special and ongoing projects
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in an administrative or supportive capacity
- Post-secondary education an asset but not required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with a high degree of skill in grammar, spelling, punctuation when editing business documents, communications and presentations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Adobe, Concur, or InDesign experience an asset
- Professional demeanor, able to interact and build relationships with individuals at all levels
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment – can juggle multiple competing tasks and demands with ease.