Brookfield Asset Management is a global alternative asset manager with over $250 billion in assets under management. We have over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity. Our assets are held through a growing portfolio of private funds and public, listed entities. We are proud of our track record for achieving strong risk-adjusted returns for our clients, partners and shareholders across all market conditions. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam. For more information, please visit our website at www.brookfield.com.
Corporate Audit Services is an independent, objective assurance and consulting function established within Brookfield Asset Management with a team of audit professionals based in Toronto, New York, Brazil and Australia. The Department provides internal audit services to Brookfield Asset Management and all public controlled affiliates.
Working under the general direction of the Audit Vice President and various Directors, the Manager provides supervision and guidance to the audit staff and is responsible for management of the audit engagements and other consulting and advisory services. The Manager will ensure that the audits are risk-based, completed in accordance with the Standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors and achieves the audit objectives.
The responsibilities of this position would include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the VP with the annual risk-based audit plans, scheduling audits, ensuring that auditors with the relevant skill set are assigned to engagements and estimating resource requirements
- Develop risk based audit plans, programs, risk matrices, time budgets for audit engagements and determine the audit scope and coverage
- Lead audits and prepare working papers in accordance with audit standards and internal audit procedures
- Adapt and make the appropriate changes to the program during the audit as required based on new information and identified risks
- Assist the VP with preparation of materials for listed issuer audit committee
- Review audit working papers to ensure compliance with audit standards and internal audit procedures
- Present clear, concise and constructive audit findings based on facts, severity and risks, and recommendations to the respective VP or Director
- Identify causes of deficient conditions and provide constructive, economical and practical recommendations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Clients/ Auditees
- Research and review current and new legislation, policies and procedures to remain up-to-date with IFRS, and other international accounting standards, and relevant regulations for businesses being audited
- Attend appropriate continuing professional education courses to enhance and strengthen audit skills
- Make recommendations for improving audit activities and practices
- Maintain departmental standards and the quality of audit engagements in line with the documented audit procedures (included in the Audit Manual) and the IIA Standards
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), Accounting and Auditing designations, with at least 3-5 years of supervisory experience in accounting, integrated auditing and internal controls and financial processes and reporting
- Knowledge of auditing techniques (including use of CAATs and sampling methods)
- Superior communication (fluent in both English and Spanish oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative
- Excellent supervisory/ people management skills
- Solid understanding of the International Professional Practices Framework for Internal Auditing (including the Code of Ethics)
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office™
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and proactive, with respect to both managing workload and professional development
- Valid passport and ability to travel approximately 30-40%
- Experience working with hard assets is a plus
- Operational audit and compliance experience are beneficial
This position would be suitable for those candidates who meet the role qualifications and who thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results.
During the recruitment process, we collect personal information required to assess your suitability with respect to an employment opportunity.
We may pass this information on to one of our wholly owned subsidiaries or affiliated companies in the process of exploring employment opportunities for you. As a result, you may be contacted directly by one of these companies. We will not however, pass this information outside of our “broader” organization without your prior consent unless legally required to do so. Specifically, we will not contact any current or previous employers or other references without your prior knowledge.
Please be aware that submission of your resume indicates consent with the above noted policy. You may withdraw consent at any time by sending us an e-mail at the above link, which should include the date of your original resume submission.