Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a global asset manager focused on property, renewable power, infrastructure assets and private equity, with approximately $250 billion of assets under management and is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbol BAM and on NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA. For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com. In June 2016, BAM launched a new listed issuer called Brookfield Business Partners L.P. (“BBU” or “Brookfield Business Partners”). BBU is the primary vehicle through which we own and operate the industrial and services businesses of our private equity business group.
This role is within the Finance and Operations team of the Private Equity group and will be part of the team responsible for public reporting requirements for both BBU and BAM. The Private Equity team, as a whole, is responsible for both public and private financial reporting, treasury and fund operations.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Manager Finance will be responsible for the reporting needs of Brookfield’s Private Equity group and of BBU.
- Responsible for public company reporting, including liaising with portfolio companies and various Brookfield groups to consolidate, review and report results under IFRS;
- Oversight over the preparation, maintenance, and review of all underlying financial information;
- Preparing forecasts and monitoring financial performance of portfolio companies and corporate entities, including analyzing operating and performance metrics;
- Preparation and review of statutory and investor reports in accordance with various accounting frameworks (IFRS, US GAAP or Investment Company Accounting);
- Preparation of presentations on financial and operational results to Brookfield corporate team and senior management.
- Tax reporting and liaising with internal and external auditors;
- Managing accounting and finance team;
- Assisting with fund operations, investor communications and requests, execution of transactions, monitoring of treasury, risks and exposures, liquidity and capital management;
- Maintenance of compliance regime pertaining to financial and administrative aspects and assists in reviews of financial and internal controls;
- Special projects as required.
- CA or CPA designation with a background in public company accounting/auditing, with at least 3 years of relevant experience in a multi-national accounting firm;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative;
- Superior communication (English oral and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Understanding and interest in financial markets;
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving ability;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Self-motivated and proactive, with respect to both managing workload and professional development.
This position would be suitable for those candidates who meet the position requirements and who thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results.