Brookfield Asset Management (www.brookfield.com) is seeking a Manager to join the Finance and Operations group of BAM Corporate, focusing on private funds finance and operational initiatives across all of Brookfield’s investment platforms. The candidate will be located in Toronto.
Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with ~$250 billion in assets under management. We have over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity. Our assets are held through a growing portfolio of private funds and public, listed entities. We are proud of our track record for achieving strong risk-adjusted returns for our clients, partners and shareholders across all market conditions. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam.
Brookfield’s private funds have raised approximately $80 billion of capital, including $26 billion committed by Brookfield, and manages $17 billion in public securities in dedicated investment strategies.
The Manager will be a member of BAM Corporate, focusing on Finance and Operations for the Private Funds Business, and support and enhance the operations of the Private Funds Business across all related business groups: private equity, infrastructure, and real estate. While reporting to the Director, Fund Finance and Operations, the role will be multi-faceted and involve working with various internal teams across Brookfield inclusive of marketing/fundraising, product launch, legal, compliance, tax, and accounting.
- Liaise and provide strategic guidance on Private Fund Finance and Operations across all Business Groups
- Develop subject matter expertise and coordinate/guide/facilitate the Business Groups in the management of key financial and operational areas including asset management financial reporting, valuations, performance measurement, fund administration, investor reporting and liquidity
- Monitor industry and regulatory hot topics, trends, and best practices, and develop, implement or update Brookfield policies and/or protocols as needed
- Assess current state and propose strategic initiatives to achieve enhanced investor experiences, drive operational change, and streamline processes to improve internal efficiency
- Manage third party vendors and technology providers, identify additional opportunities for operational improvement across Private Funds including the identification, due diligence and implementation/onboarding of third party solutions
- Be a member of cross functional teams in the design of new product launches, offering expertise from a finance and operations perspective
- Provide consolidated private fund investor reporting and financial information to both internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in the standardization of asset manager and fund books and records, accounting standards and financial reports across business groups
Qualifications & Requirements:
- University degree or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field
- CPA, with US GAAP and Investment Company Accounting knowledge considered an asset
- Experience in a Big 4 firm is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of financial services‐related experience
- Experience in private funds and knowledge of the investment management industry, experience in real estate, private equity, infrastructure would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships and work with professionals around the organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to deal effectively at all levels and departments within the organization
- Team player with positive attitude and pro-active approach to work
- Strategic thinker with ability to think outside the box, to improve upon existing processes or the implementation of new processes
- Ability to handle a large volume of work with tight deadlines, and ad-hoc requests as required