Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with approximately $250 billion in assets under management and more than a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield sponsors and manages funds, investment strategies and mandates on behalf of investors with over $ 100 billion of fee bearing capital. Headquartered in Toronto and New York, Brookfield has operations in more than 30 countries with a team of 700 investment professionals and over 55,000 operating employees.
Brookfield Property Group (BPG) is Brookfield’s Real Estate business group. With approximately $145 billion of property assets under management, BPG is one of the world’s largest and most sophisticated owners, operators and investors in property.
BPG is looking for a motivated individual with fund accounting experience to work on the Finance and Operations team. This position is more than a typical accounting role as the team is also heavily involved in fund operations.
Initial Responsibilities include managing, reviewing, and participating in the entire fund operations and reporting process such as:
- Lead corporate initiatives to implement and automate reporting across the investment subsidiaries
- Onboard new investment subsidiaries onto our reporting process
- Preparation and review of Financial Statements in accordance with US GAAP - Investment Company Accounting and IFRS
- Responsible for both internal and external reporting for a portfolio of real estate investments including management reporting, tax reporting, lender reporting as well as reporting to the corporate team which gets consolidated for eventual public reporting
- Compile, analyze and prepare investment related financial data, valuation models and operating metrics for quarterly review presentations submitted to senior management and investors
- Assist with closing of acquisitions, dispositions, financing and refinancing of assets as required
- Liaise with lenders assisting asset management teams with draw requests, covenant calculations, administration of cash management accounts etc.
- Analyze and identify key process issues and work with other departments to optimize workflows
- Assist the asset management team with their preparation of annual business plan including forecasted and projected financials, strategic initiatives and industry cycle overview
- Facilitate compliance with audit and tax reporting requirements
- Undertake and lead various ad hoc projects as required on a regular basis
- Other investments related operations
This position offers excellent opportunities in a dynamic environment. To qualify, candidates must have:
- Professional accounting designation with at least 5 years of experience with a mix of public/private accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability and good coaching skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated and proactive with respect to managing workload and professional development
- Good organizational skills to handle volume and prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines
- Good process management skills