Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with $250 billion in assets under management. We have over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity. Our assets are held through a growing portfolio of private funds and public listed entities. We are proud of our track record for achieving strong risk-adjusted returns for our clients, partners and shareholders across all market conditions. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE, TSX and Euronext Amsterdam.
The Brookfield Infrastructure Group is one of Brookfield Asset Management’s primary operating platforms. The Infrastructure Group operates and manages over $50 billion of assets owned through its listed and private fund investment vehicles. Our portfolio is comprised of long-life, high quality infrastructure assets with high barriers to entry that generate stable and growing cash flows. Our portfolio of infrastructure assets are primarily in the utilities, transport, energy and communication infrastructure sectors, located in North and South America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region.
As a key member of the Brookfield Infrastructure Finance Private Funds Team, you will report to the VP, Finance and work alongside a strong team to build a ‘best in class’ finance function within the business group. The incumbent will assist with all analyses, planning and reporting as well as provide support to key business leaders within the Infrastructure finance and investor relations team. The candidate will be required to interact with several key stakeholders, including senior management, private fund limited partners and investor relations. The successful candidate will be very well positioned to become one of the lead team members involved in the fundraising of our next flagship infrastructure fund.
- Monitor, complete or review incoming investor inquiries pertaining to performance metrics, treasury and ongoing operations for our Private Funds which have over $20 billion of capital committed;
- Develop thorough understanding of fund operations, structures and workings and work along-side finance team to ensure exceptional quality and service is provided to our investors;
- Preparation and review of investor reports, including the quarterly supplemental, case study presentations and annual general meeting materials;
- Compile content for fund presentations which includes but is not limited to the analysis of operating results, liquidity, debt and hedging strategies;
- Coordinate investor related matters across various teams including finance, legal and IR;
- Lead meetings and debrief the finance and investor relations teams as it pertains to new and ongoing investor inquiries;
- Liaise directly with our investors front and back offices; ability to adapt messaging to varied audiences;
- Improve upon current processes with focus on making scalable for future fundraising initiatives;
- Take on key role in future fundraising efforts by providing analyses and reports used for marketing purposes, and preparing responses to due diligence questions from investors;
- Ad-hoc analysis and presentations on financial and operational results.
This position offers an unparalleled opportunity for growth within the Infrastructure team and wider Brookfield Asset Management group.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA preferred);
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive work experience in accounting functions;
- Experience working at a Big 4 firm is a strong asset
- Experience managing a team or overseeing the execution of critical workstreams;
- Superior communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Exemplifies the right motivation by aspiring to achieve collective goals;
- Penchant for seeking out new experiences, knowledge and candid feedback;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities;
- Strong financial systems experience, including advanced Excel;
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with respect to both managing workload and professional development.