Brookfield Asset Management Inc. (“Brookfield”) is a global alternative asset manager with approximately $265 billion in assets under management. We have over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on real estate, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Our assets are held through a growing portfolio of private funds, public listed entities and public securities across our real estate, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity businesses. We are proud of our track record for achieving strong risk-adjusted returns for our clients, partners and shareholders across all market conditions. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE and Canadian stock exchanges.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator will join the Finance and Accounting department within Brookfield Capital Partners Ltd., the Private Equity platform. The successful candidate is excited to grow their finance career, self-motivated and proactive, detailed orientated and has relevant experience.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, responsibilities include:
- Maintain the accounts payable subledger, vendor database, and expense allocation module in Microsoft Dynamics
- Monitor the operation of accounts payable workflows, and follow up to resolve any discrepancies
- Ensure timely and accurate processing and troubleshooting of invoices for payment
- Follow up with other internal business units and/or external vendors on aging items and enquiries
- Monthly intercompany accounts receivable billing
- Coordinate information for internal, external and government audits, as required
- Prepare and scheduled any necessary accounts payable analyses and reports
- Various ad-hoc projects and continuous improvement tasks as assigned by team leadership
- Post-secondary degree, with a major or focus in Accounting/Finance
- Interest in, or already pursuing an Accounting designation (CPA) would be an asset
- 1-2 years of accounting operations experience in a high-volume environment
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics and MS Office tools
- Organized and able to effectively prioritize under tight deadlines
- Analytical, pays close attention to detail and accuracy
- Open-minded and able to build strong business relationships, is a team-player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
Brookfield is a CPA pre-approved training office.